Frequently Asked Questions


Please use the buttons below to go to your desired section.

Treatment Services

Where do I call to set up my assessment or diagnostic evaluation?


What happens after I call?

First, you will meet with one of our intake specialists. However, if your assessment is current, you may be ready to go straight into treatment, for example, as a residential facility. In outpatient, your assessment will be scheduled with our highly trained and qualified staff at Triumph Treatment Services. Your assessment determines the appropriate level of care. If deemed that you need treatment, the substance use provider will recommend you to a treatment program specific to your personal needs.

What if I had an assessment somewhere else?

A “current” assessment needs to be less than 6 months old when you start treatment or must be updated. If you know you are assessed for outpatient you may call (509) 248-1800 to make an appointment where you will sign a release and we would request your personal assessment from the other agency.

How long does the treatment process take?

Assessments can be completed in approximately 2 hours. The results appointment would be scheduled for approximately 5 to 7 days following your original assessment date. The intake and results appointment takes approximately 1 ½ hours long. Oftentimes if residential treatment is recommended, we will let you know at the end of the first 2-hour assessment. We will assist you with placement.

Outpatient Group sessions vary in length, depending on which group you are assigned too. Intensive Outpatient Groups (IOP) are 4 days a week, 2 or 3 hours per group. Foundations Groups are 3 days a week, 2 hours per group. Relapse Prevention is normally 1 day a week, 1.5 hours per group Interim Services (Pre-placement Group) are Monday through Friday, 1 hour per day (P.S. This group is free and can be attended anytime, even while waiting for your placement in treatment)!

Intensive Inpatient (Men’s only) and Intensive Inpatient (Women’s only) are residential programs (meaning you live there while in treatment) and are approximately a thirty (30) day stay within our facility, but treatment is defined by the need for a specific level of care. Based on needs, extensions may be granted up to a total of 60 days.

Pregnant and Parenting Women’s (PPW) Programs are long term residential, and the program is approximately six months.

Can my children come with me to treatment?

At our outpatient program, children may attend during specific hours and groups (Tuesday through Friday, 8 am – 12 pm). This is a last resort or interim to find alternate care. We have very limited space, limited availability and limited staff. At the Triumph Campus, children sometimes arrive with the mother or are placed when the mother is stable in treatment. We have limited space, so most mothers are able to have one child place (under the age of 6) with them while they are in treatment. Occasionally, women may have 2 children placed. Men at JOTC may not have children come to treatment with them, however, there are visiting days. Visits normally take place once a week, on Saturdays or Sundays. We will work with supervised visits during the week if there is pre-approval.

Will I receive post-assessment feedback?

Yes, assessments or diagnostic evaluations help determine what level of care or treatment is recommended for you.

Who can I call if I need to miss an appointment?

Please contact the CDAC office at (509)-248-1800

Women’s Services

Where do I call to set up my assessment or diagnostic evaluation?

(509) 248-1800

What do I need to be placed on the waiting list for the Pregnant and Parenting Women’s (PPW) programs?

A “current” assessment needs to be less than 6 months old when you start treatment or must be updated.

You must be assessed as needing our level of care 3.3 (long term residential treatment).

You must be pregnant, or have a child under the age of six or one you are trying to regain custody of.

You will need to have current, approved medical coverage to meet any health needs.

Who can I or my referent call for a bed date at a PPW Program (Beth’s Place, Casita, or Riel House)?

Please contact the Intake office at (509) 204-3098

Intake coordinators are available Monday – Friday 9a-5p by phone.

Current assessments can be faxed directly to the Intake Coordinators’ for the campus, do not fax to the individual programs, as this will cause a delay in receiving the information. Fax directly to Intake department at (509)-853-0761 or (509)-853-0767.

You only need to send one assessment and it will cover all three PPW programs on the campus.

What can I bring to treatment at Beth's Place, Casita, or Riel House?
Can my child (ren) come with me to treatment at the PPW program?

At our PPW programs, our goal is to have your infant or child under six placed with you while in treatment. Each case is very individual, based on many different things such as patient’s stability and detox status, ability to be the child’s primary caregiver, Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) recommendations and progress in treatment. Our programs have space for a mother and one child. Depending on the program and space availability, there may be placement of two children. These are on a very limited base and dependent primarily on space availability. Children can come for day visits; this is facilitated by a parent educator and treatment team along with your DCFS social worker if you are involved.

Are we allowed to have visitors in inpatient treatment at the PPW Campus?

Yes, once visitors are approved through DCFS, probation, or the counseling staff.

Visitors will be required to obtain a background check prior to visiting unless already cleared through DCFS or probation officer. Visitors must follow all policies and procedures of visiting.

Triumph can end, or refuse visitors at any time if staff believes the visit has become unsupportive or unsafe for our residents or children.

Other requirements may be asked on an individual basis.

Am I able to smoke while in treatment at a PPW Program?

Triumph Center is a Tobacco Free Campus. No smoking or tobacco use is allowed at Beth’s Place, Casita or Riel House. If tobacco use is an issue for you, please work with our intake office (509-853-4178 or 509-853-4179) and your referent for help with a tobacco cessation plan.

We do facilitate nicotine cessation and work with providers to help with aids such as nicotine patches.


Are we allowed to have visitors in inpatient treatment?

Yes, once visitors are approved through the counseling staff and the visiting policies and procedures have been followed for each residential site.

Can I get into group right away?

Yes, no matter which facility or program you will go to for treatment you can attend our “interim services” or stabilization group offered at our Outpatient Services building, CDAC. It also helps folks who need to engage in services ASAP to satisfy the requirement from Department of Licensing, an employer, or another entity.

Am I able to smoke while in treatment?

Each of our facilities has specific rules and regulations regarding nicotine products while on our property. Please check with each specific locations Intake and Operations Manager for the facilities guidelines.

What can I bring to James Oldham Treatment Center?


What is Triumph Housing?

Housing that is affordable, clean, and sober housing for individuals in recovery. The houses we offer are broken into three types of housing: Family Emergency Shelter, Transitional Housing, and Permanent Housing. We currently have 10 locations of housing. Individuals typically enter our housing after completing a drug and alcohol treatment program. Individuals living in our housing are expected to participate in a recovery program in the community during their residence. People are allowed to stay in our housing facilities based off the program length requirements.

What are the basic house rules?

All of our housing facilities have their own requirements, rules and regulations due to our housing program guidelines. You may contact us directly for specific house rules on a housing program of interest. Please contact housing@triumphtx.org or (509) 248-1800 to work with one of our housing case managers.

Who is Eligible to be a Resident?

All Housing requires being Clean and Sober. Due to housing program guidelines, some housing may require current homeless verification. Housing verification may also be required for individuals who are currently homeless with proof that substance use disorder treatment has been completed within the last 12 months. You can contact us for specific information at housing@triumphtx.org or (509) 248-1800.

How Does Someone Apply to Be a Resident?

You can pick up an application at Community Drug and Alcohol Center (CDAC) located at 102 S. Naches Ave., Yakima, WA 98901. The application must be complete and have the required documents attached. There is a waiting list for some programs. For more information please contact us at housing@triumphtx.org or (509) 248-1800.

Where Can I Get More Information?

For more information about housing, you may contact (509) 248-1800 or housing@triumphtx.org. For additional information regarding applications, please visit our Community Drug and Alcohol Center (CDAC) located at 102 S. Naches Ave., Yakima, WA 98901.