Here are some tips that can help everyone improve their mental wellness:
1. Develop a positive attitude – people with positive attitudes are happier, more successful, and better able to handle crises and stress. And in concert with a positive attitude, get an attitude of gratitude for what you have instead of dwelling on what you don’t.
2. Avoid negative self-talk – Learn to be thankful for the good rather than focusing on the negative issues
3. View a crisis situation as an opportunity – creative problem solving can expand your options. Try to make a list of good things that could result from the problem you’re having to solve.
4. Laugh – Humor is a great stress reducer. Studies indicate laughter can make you healthier.
5. Exercise – Regular exercise increases energy and releases brain biochemicals to ward off depression and anxiety. Just a 15 minute walk a day will help keep body and soul together.
6. Improve your diet – During times of stress, you can skip meals or eat junk food. A diet rich in fruit, vegetables, and fiber will help you maintain the physical and mental stress you need to deal with the situation.
7. Get enough rest – sleep disturbances are common during stress.
8. Ask for help if you feel overwhelmed.
Visit https://www.americanmentalwellness.org/ to learn more information