Parent Child Assistance Program
Address: 801 Summitview Ave, Yakima, WA, 98902
Hours: Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM
Phone: (509) 907-1105 Fax: (509) 571-1090
UW Link: https://pcap.psychiatry.uw.edu/
Referral Form: YakimaPCAPReferralForm.pdf
All Medical Record Requests must be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 509-853-4135, or mailed to Sonja Mahaney at P.O. Box 2849 Yakima WA 98907.
PCAP is a 3-year, intensive, home visitation program for mothers who experienced substance use disorder during pregnancy. PCAP helps mothers access services, achieve and maintain recovery, and create a healthy family environment.
The goals of PCAP are to help mothers with substance use disorders:
build and maintain healthy, independent, alcohol/drug-free lives
prevent future births of alcohol- and drug-exposed children
Here from those in the community speak from the heart about how PCAP has helped them.
About PCAP Case Managers
Supervised professional case managers meet with clients at least twice monthly, in the client’s home when possible, to assist clients in:
- Setting goals and identifying steps to achieve them
- Obtaining alcohol/drug treatment
- Staying in recovery
- Choosing a family planning method
- Staying up-to-date with child health care, immunizations
- Addressing housing, domestic violence, child custody problems
- Connecting with community services
- Resolving system service barriers
PCAP case managers provide access to the
Housing and emergency shelter
HIV/AIDS testing, public health nurse, and drug / alcohol treatment
Child visitation / CPS, WIC, college applications, and employment services
Information on bus tickets / passes, food banks / hot meal programs, vouchers for rent / food / utilities
Legal and mental health counseling / treatment referrals
Child counseling, daycare, and immunizations / health / dental care
Training for job skills and family planning
Parent, women’s, and domestic violence support groups
PCAP supports the following annual education programs
Note: These programs are only available at Yakima PCAP. Not all PCAP sites offer these programs.
- Children’s Reunification (National Reunification Month): TBD
- Better Me Better Parent Conference – TBD
- Workshops being offered: Optimizing your brain “Protein for All”, Ages and stages, Fatherhood engagement, Stress management and how to deal with it, Mindfulness, What is trauma and how does it affect you, Yakima Work opportunities, Navigating Reunification, Cooking for parents and kids, Healthy Relationships, Zumba, Parenting 101 and Crafting workshops where Collaging, Rock painting and Quilt coloring will be happening throughout the conference.